At Job Object, we have a saying that you can’t evaluate what you can’t measure. We’ve developed a whole series of measurements for our Onshore & Offshore teams that we regularly report to customers. But what metrics should be reported when there is an offshore team involved?
“Tips, Tricks and Traps of IT Offshore Outsourcing” : Application support and Application development metrics. Currently We will only focus on the application support metrics, because that is a focus of this post in our blog. But we encourage our customers to review the post for thier list of application development metrics.
Job Object recommends the following measures be reported to customer management monthly with associated reasons:
- Average turn around time for issues by priority: This metric ensures service level agreement (SLA) compliance.
- End-to-end response time for issues by priority: This metric ensures SLA compliance.
- Resource utilization: Helps the service provider and customer understand resource utilization and allocation, as well as team effectiveness.
- Defect removal efficiency: This generic QA metric helps evaluate the quality of the deliverables.
- Effort to Actuals variance: This metric evaluates the estimating process and ensures SLA compliance.